The ANT project provides software for Packet Trace Analysis and Anonymization, IPv4 Census and Survey Analysis and Visualization, DNS Analysis and Privacy, DNS Experimentation, Security, Tools, and External.
Packet Trace Analysis and Anonymization
- ANT spectrum A Spectrum Analysis tool package, including sample input/output files. This package requires the fftw library.
- dag scrubber Dag Scrubber is our tool for scrubbing packets of user data and optionally doing IP address anonymization. It supports ERF ("dag") format.
- dag trace generator The DAG Trace generator is a collection of tools for parsing a DAG formatted packet header trace. (Please see the enclosed README for instructions.)
- LANDER Trace Software LANDER Trace Capture software handles for packet capture, scrubbing, and triggering user-provided scripts
- stream_merger Stream merger is a tool to merge multiple traffic streams by feeding them through a FIFO/Drop tail queue and adjusting packet timing due to queueing. Its input is several packet trace files. The output is a single merged packet trace.
- mtracecap A utility for capturing packets concurrently on several network devices and saving output in a single file while making an effort to minimize packet reordering in the output. This tool allows breaking output into multiple files based on size and time and compressing it on the fly by piping to a separate compression process.
IPv4 Census and Survey Analysis and Visualization
- icmptrain Rapid probing of IPv4.
- icmptrain-hadoop-reader A plugin for Hadoop that parses icmptrain output from our ipv4 censuses and surveys.
- IP Hitlist Generation We have developed a set of map/reduce processing scripts that run in Hadoop to consume our Internet address censuses and output hitlists. (This scripts depend on our internal Hadoop configuration and so will require some modification to work elsewhere, but we make them available and encourage feedback about their use.)
- lonlat2color For geolocation of IP address maps we needed to convert (lon, lat) to color in HSL and RGB color schemes. We provide Perl and Python implementations.
- print_datafile A command-line tool that prints icmptrain output from our ipv4 censuses and surveys.
DNS Analysis and Privacy
- ant_rdns_crawler The ANT RNDS crawler discovers reverse DNS names for the entire IPv4 space, quickly, politely, and correctly.
- digit Digit is a client query tool for T-DNS (DNS with TCP and TLS), designed to measure performance.
- dnsanon extract DNS traffic from pcap to text with optionally anonymization
- dnsanon_rssac Dnsanon_rssac is an implementation of RSSAC-002v2 processing for DNS statistics
- tdns-client-proxy Tdns-client-proxy is a client-side proxy for DNS, designed to run on a computer taking UDP in and sending it privately with T-DNS to a remote recursive resolver
- tdns-server-proxy Tdns-server-proxy is a server-side proxy for DNS. It listens to incoming private T-DNS (with TCP and TLS) and turns it back into UDP queries to a local DNS resolver
- T-DNS support for unbound patch Unbound patches add STARTTLS handling to incoming unbound queries (but not outgoing T-DNS)
- dns-replay-client dns-replay-client reads DNS query stream, replays them against a real DNS server with correct timing and outputs the latency for each query (optional). Multiple dns-replay-client instances can work coordinately to generate aggregated DNS query replay stream, with a separated program: dns-replay-controller.
- dns-replay-controller dns-replay-controller reads DNS query stream and distributes queries to replay clients
- LDplayer a set of tools for DNS trace replay and experimentation testbed
- AuntieTuna Chrome browser extension to detect phishing websites
- antlink Manage a tree of git or other VC repositories with funky symlinks
- babarchive Manage babarchives, checksumed directory trees that can be validated
- timefind and indexer Software to handle indexing and selection of multiple network data types based on a given time range.